If you're part of the Colour Wheel Solids Club here are the colours we have sent out.
We will update this list in a few months
Friday, November 18, 2016
Kaffe Fassett's new collection celebrates artisanal traditions of creating textiles with yarn-dyed wovens, Ikat fabrics and hand-dyed batiks along with bright and bold cotton prints. Add a splash of colour to your projects as we move into winter!
Upon arriving in England in 1960, Kaffe was struck by the flare of colorful fashions and the use of two-color bold prints. Here, Artisan echoes the simplicity, boldness and high colors of this glorious time, playing upon a Bohemian lifestyle of mixing textures, designs and colors. Composed of premium 100% cotton, hand-dyed batik, provocative yarn-dyed woven and trendy Ikat fabrics, Artisan speaks to a time when hand creation included dedication, appreciation, skill and love of the craft - in total, a bold and fusion of color certain to broaden the creative scope of prolific makers, spanning beyond traditional quilting.
Wednesday, November 16, 2016
Here are the names of the quilt blocks and the designers of The Canadian Sampler!
We can't thank these wonderful designers enough for their beautiful work.
Watch for our feature posts during the program to learn more about these amazing designers and their work.
Block Names & Designers from the top and left to right.
Row 1 (Left to Right):
Flying Goose by Judy from Sew Sisters | Keep'n Warm by Sandy from Upstairs Hobbyroom | Grain Elevator by Jennifer from Quilts by Jen | Pacific Stars by Daphne from Patchworks Studio
Row 2 (Left to Right):
Parliament Gate by Stacey from SLO Studio | Inspired by Canada by Leanne from She Can Quilt | Thousand Islands Star by Nellie & Christine from Upper Canada Quiltworks | Canada by Code by M-R from Quilt Matters
Row 3 (Left to Right):
Sesqui Leaf by Jean from Patterns by Jean Boyd | The Compass Rose/ La Rose de vents by Brenda from Among Brenda's Quilts | Snowflake by Kathy & Lori from Highway 10 Designs | Maple Leaf 4 Ever by Felicity from Felicity Quilts
Row 4 (Left to Right):
Sugar Maple by Irene from Brambleberry Cottage Quilts | “EH!” by Berene from Happy Sew Lucky | Mill Town by Krista from Poppyprint | Canadian Compass by Sherri from Thread Riding Hood
Row 5 (Left to Right):
Star Cross by Elaine from Northcott Fabrics & Crazy Quilter on a Bike | From Sea to Sea by Christine from Fairfield Road Designs | Love, Canada! by Michele from Aiming for Accuracy Pattern Co. | Georgian Bay Inuksuk by Mary Elizabeth Kinch
See our previous post for more and go here to sign up: The Canadian Sampler
Friday, November 11, 2016
We are very excited to bring you The Canadian Sampler - our very special block of the month program to celebrate Canada's 150th Anniversary!
This quilt is truly a labour of love from the designers who designed the quilt blocks, the quilter who quilted our sampler and all of us at Sew Sisters. We are so happy and proud to bring you this beautiful quilt and wonderful program.
Earlier this year we invited 20 amazing Canadian designers to each design a red and white quilt block to celebrate our great nation. The designers created a 12" red and white quilt block that expressed their love for our beautiful country. They made maple leaves and flying geese, star blocks and snowflakes, inuksuit and grain elevators. They drew inspiration from the seasons, the cities they live in, and the towns they visited. They showcased Canada's beauty, strength and rich heritage. They created blocks with great care and generosity and we are honoured to bring you their beautiful work.
The Canadian Sampler has 20, 12" quilt blocks that are traditionally pieced using two colors - red and white. The skill levels required to make this quilt vary from experienced beginner to intermediate quilter. A mix of modern and traditional blocks, The Canadian Sampler comes together beautifully with a simple corner stone setting. We have used Northcott's ColorWorks Premium Solids to make this quilt.
The quilt measures approximately 58" X 72".
Click here for more details and register to make The Canadian Sampler
These are the wonderful Designers who designed these gorgeous quilt blocks for The Canadian Sampler. You will hear more about them and their quilt blocks during the course of the program.
- Berene Campbell from Happy Sew Lucky
- Brenda Miller from Among Brenda's Quilts
- Christine Baker from Fairfield Road Designs
- Daphne Greig from Patchworks Studio
- Elaine Theriault from Northcott Fabrics & Crazy Quilter on a Bike
- Felicity Ronaghan from Felicity Quilts
- Irene Dewar from Brambleberry Cottage Quilts
- Jean Boyd from Patterns by Jean Boyd
- Jennifer Houlden from Quilts by Jen
- Kathy Schwartz & Lori Suss from Highway 10 Designs
- Krista Hennebury from Poppyprint
- Leanne from She Can Quilt
- Mary Elizabeth Kinch
- Michele Foster from Aiming for Accuracy Pattern Co.
- M-R Charbonneau from Quilt Matters
- Nellie Holmes & Christine Baker from Upper Canada Quiltworks
- Sandy Whitelaw from Upstairs Hobbyroom
- Sherri Sylvester from Thread Riding Hood
- Stacey O'Malley from SLO Studio
- Judy Baldwin from Sew Sisters Quilt Shop
Sunday, November 6, 2016
Don't crumble under the weight of your scraps—embrace them with best-selling author, Quilt maker columnist, and esteemed teacher Bonnie K. Hunter. Piece 12 unique, multicolored scrap quilts in Bonnie's signature style.
Turn leftover strips into usable fabric that's readily available for projects with the easy-to-use Scrap User's System. This complete guide to scrap quilting includes full-size templates, 2 paper-piecing patterns, and a full chapter on quilt making basics.
Publish Date: 9/1/2016. 96pg
This offer cannot be combined with any other offers.
Click here to purchase: Deal of the Month - November - Addicted to Scraps
Saturday, November 5, 2016
In honour of our great nation, Sew Sisters Quilt Shop is pleased to offer a Canadian Club!
Members will receive four Canadian Themed fabrics each month. Manufacturers will include Northcott, Robert Kaufman, Moda and South Seas Fabrics.
You may choose between fat quarters, half metres or full metre cuts. Postage is included within Canada (all others please enquire about shipping rates)!
Fabrics will be mailed during the last week of the month and will take 5 - 7 business days to get to you. This club will begin in December.
- 4 Fat Quarters for only $19.99 per month.
- 4 Half Metres for only $37.99 per month.
- 4 Full Metres for only $74.99 per month.
- Fat Quarters for $219.89 for one year.
- Half Metres for $417.89 for one year.
- Full Metres for $824.89 for one year.
Click here to sign up: Canadian Club
Friday, November 4, 2016
Check your email everyday between December 1 - 7 for the exclusive deal of the day. If you like it. Buy it online and we'll add it to your package. Do this from December 1 - 7 and Santa will make his delivery after December 9th. Be sure to provide your current email address.
For those of you who live in and around Toronto you can save on your registration fee by picking up your package when it is ready after December 9! Just mention that you would like to pick up in the comments section when you register. Registration fees will be refunded when we bill you at the end of the event.
Go ahead! Treat yourself this Christmas.
- Registration is $10 only. You will receive an email every day with the special deal of the day. These deals are exclusive for those registered for Stuff your Stocking.
- If you like what you see place your order online. Deals expire at the end of each day EDT so make sure you check out each day. If you add to your cart and don't check out on that day the deal is no longer valid.
- If you don't like the deal for the day simply don't make a purchase. Check out the deal the next day and you can make your purchase then if you like the deal for that day.
- If at the end of the week you did not make any purchases we will refund your registration fee -- so there is no risk.
- Save on Registration Fees when you pick up your package in the store. Registration fees will be refunded when we bill you at the end of the event. Your package will be mailed out after the 9th of December.
- Postage is included in the registration fee for orders within Canada. US Customers will pay $15.99 flat rate shipping.
- If you choose to pick up your package please wait to receive a pick-up notification email from us before you visit the store.
This is a Sew Sisters event so you can count on the deals being out of this world!
Click here to Register: Stuff Your Stocking